Sponsor Relations Profile
Required time: 10-15 hours per month with seasonal fluctuations; can be shared among a team
You love to ride singletrack in the Ottawa-Gatineau region (and beyond). You also like to talk to people about bikes and biking. Sometimes you find yourself spending an inordinate amount of time in local shops checking out gear. You also have a bit of time to spare and would love to give back to the community.
If any of the above describes you, we would love to have you on our team of passionate volunteers! The Ottawa Mountain Bike Association / Association de vélo de montagne de l’Outaouais is a not-for-profit, volunteer-led organization founded in 2005 and incorporated in 2012. OMBA advocates on behalf of the region’s mountain bike community to improve mountain bike trail access in the Ottawa-Outaouais region by working with local landowners, clubs, bike shops, riders and other interested stakeholders. The association organizes a variety of activities and practices that promote responsible riding, respect for other trail users, encourage the active for life model and foster community building.
The Sponsor Relations role is critical to OMBA/AVMO’s ongoing operations as it provides the base funding needed to maintain and grow local trail networks, support events and advocate on behalf of the community to ensure the voice of riders is heard within decision-making.
This role works closely with the OMBA-AVMO Board to:
- Identify and secure sponsors in support of ongoing activities including annual operations, events such as demo days and movie nights, trial maintenance, and weekly club rides;
- Develop and maintain relationships with sponsors, both in person and through electronic communications;
- Communicate new and recurring opportunities for sponsorship and exposure to the business community;
- Ensure sponsor payments are made and sponsors are recognized appropriately;
- Maintain an up-to-date list of sponsor contacts;
- Determine sponsorship levels and benefits each year in advance of annual sponsor drive (typically Jan-Feb)
- Advocate with sponsors in support of awesome riding in the region!
Interested? Get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org