The Ottawa Mountain Biking Association is excited to announce the THURSDAY night Camp Fortune rides will be continuing this season! Starting Thursday, May 16, 2019.
These rides will take place at Camp Fortune every Thursday evening (6:45 pm start approximately). Depending on attendance, this weekly ride will follow a similar format to the now Tuesday rides, and will be broken up into groups based on a combination of ride duration, technical nature of the trails covered, and overall riding pace. The weekly group rides are just that, Group rides. The point is to ride in a social setting. All of group rides are “no-drop” rides, that is, each group will have a “sweep rider” so that no one is left behind or lost.
In the event that OMBA Weekly Rides are cancelled (most often due to weather/or excessively wet trails), it shall be posted on the Facebook group hopefully by 5:00 pm on Thursday.
• OMBA members are required to sign a Waiver Form only once for the 2018 season.
• Non-OMBA members are required to sign a Waiver Form for EACH TIME they join an OMBA Ride, but after a 2 or 3 rides they should become members. • Rides start at 6:45 pm
• Riders must be at least 16 years of age to participate in OMBA weekly group rides (Unless accompanied at all times by a responsible adult)
- CF cross country day pass or season pass (http://shop.campfortune.com/en/ItemList.aspx?node_id=40617)
- close-toe footwear
- 1L of water
- spare tube and pump
- signed OMBA Waiver Form (see note above)
Strongly recommended items
- eye protection
- mosquito repellent
- more than 1L of water
- snack bar/power drink
- chain oil
- repair kit (chain break, Allen keys, etc…)
Meet in the Main Camp Fortune parking lot (near the first Aid building).There will be multiple groups of various skill levels (there are ladies groups also, don’t be shy!) and it will be decided based on who shows up. It is a very challenging place to ride as a beginner (brand new rider) so I recommend the Tuesday Night Ride if you don’t have riding experience or do not like technical trails. There will definitely be a more social group that rides at a low intermediate level and a more advanced group that covers a large distance and more technical trails. If anyone is starting earlier, post up because you might get some company!
We had a great turnout last season with many new riders challenging themselves on the demanding terrain that Fortune has to offer. I hope to see more people out again this year.